Who Can Enroll in Our Dog Training Program?
People from many backgrounds and careers have joined our program to earn their dog training certification. Our program involves minimum requirements for entry; however, the curriculum is of interest to students from a broad range of experience and at every career level. Enrolling students might include an executive who is making a career change or a recent college graduate. Generally, applicants to our program find that they have some of the following traits:
- Loves animals and may recognize special traits of different breeds
- Feels a desire to help or owns animals adopted from a dog rescue or shelter
- May own or have owned animals, and dogs in particular
- May wish to train their own dogs to be well-behaved
- Wants to work with animals
- Feels comfortable with and fulfilled by caring for animals
- Feels respect for dogs and their devotion to owners and trainers
To enter our program, you need not be an animal specialist! Many who enter our program have simply always loved animals, or were known as a “dog whisperer” as a child. Others knew from childhood that they wanted a job that involved being around and caring for animals. Whether you are mostly interested in training your own pet, or you already aim to build your own obedience school, our certification will give you an excellent start! Remember that trainers often branch into other dog careers after time as well. Give us a call to find out whether our program suits your goals!