Military Spouse Benefits
Become a Dog Trainer, Veterinary Assistant or Dog Groomer
U.S. military spouses can receive the education and training they need to obtain a certification through Animal Behavior College. As a Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)-approved school, qualified military spouses can receive up to $4,000 in financial assistance. Three of our certification programs involve at-home study coupled with real work experience. Learn more about our animal career programs by calling 800-795-3294.
We have three MyCAA-approved animal career training programs:
- Dog Trainer Program: Do you love dogs? Turn your passion into a dog training career and enjoy what you do every day. Our dog training course covers everything from the scientific principles behind animal behavior to business building tips. Treat yourself to a rewarding career and become an ABC Certified Dog Trainer (ABCDT).
- Veterinary Assistant Program: Do you want to make a difference in the lives of animals? Learn the skills you need to successfully help animals by assisting veterinary technicians and veterinarians in animal hospitals.
- Dog Groomer Program: Are you a dog lover with a creative side? Learn to groom and style dogs for a living. This program includes various dog grooming techniques as well as step-by-step instructions on how to groom dogs based on their breeds.
Why You Should Enroll in Animal Behavior College
We're a Military-Friendly School
As one of the best online colleges for those pursuing animal care jobs in both the U.S. and Canada, our programs have many features that can easily accommodate military spouses. In addition, we have a wide network of pet professionals with training facilities located across North America. Given our comprehensive curriculum, hands-on training component, flexibility and affordability of our programs, you can become certified in your desired field in a relatively short period of time.By enrolling in our military-friendly online college, you can:
- Complete your animal care courses online at your own pace
- Learn from experts in the pet industry
- Receive guidance and support from your Program Manager
MyCAA provides financial assistance to qualified military spouses of active-duty members. It’s designed by the Department of Defense to support military spouses in their job search. The scholarship program covers education and training courses as well as examinations. It can be used toward obtaining a license, certificate, certification or associate degree.
Who is qualified for MyCAA?
Spouses of active-duty members of the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine. This military education benefit is also available to spouses of activated reserve members in pay grades E1 – E5, W1 – W2 and O1 – O2. For reference, E=Enlisted, W=Warrant Office (a specialty officer) and O=Officer.
If the military sponsor is in the National Guard and/or an AGR member, the military sponsor must be on Federal Title 10 Active Duty orders as reported in DEERS. Spouses of Guard or Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance or Post Deployment status aren’t eligible.
How much does MyCAA provide?
You can receive up to $4,000 in financial assistance. Given the affordability of ABC’s animal care programs, your entire tuition may be completely covered. For more on tuition cost, please call 800-795-3294.
What does my tuition cover?
Your tuition covers all study materials, including textbooks, instructional videos and student uniform as well as the real world experience portion of the program.
- Dog Trainer Program: $3,730.33 ($3,655.33 + $75.00*)
- Veterinary Assistant Program: $3,600.85 ($3,525.85 + $75.00*)
- Dog Groomer Program: $3,775.60 ($3,700.60 + $75.00*)
*$75.00 fee is a non-refundable registration and application fee paid by the student.
How can I apply?
You first create an Education and Training Plan and submit that through the MyCAA website for approval. Once approved, you fill out the form. You’ll need to know the exact name of school, location, type of program and estimated graduation date for this portion. We’re more than happy to guide you through the application process.