Military Spouse Benefits
Become a Dog Trainer, Veterinary Assistant or Dog Groomer
U.S. military spouses can receive the education and training they need to obtain a certification through Animal Behavior College. As a Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)-approved school, qualified military spouses can receive up to $4,000 in financial assistance. All three of our certification programs involve at-home study coupled with real-work experience. Learn more about our programs by calling (800) 795-3294.
We have three animal training programs, including:
- Dog Trainer Program: Train dogs to become better pets. These courses teach animal behavior to business building tips. Become a professional dog trainer with us.
- Veterinary Assistant Program: Make a difference and help save animals. Learn everything you need to know to successfully assist the veterinary technician and veterinarian.
- Dog Groomer Program: Groom and style dogs for a living. You learn various grooming techniques as well as step-by-step instructions on how to groom dogs based on their breeds.
Why You Should Enroll in Animal Behavior College
We're a Military-Friendly School
AAs one of the best online colleges for animal care in both the U.S. and Canada, ABC’s programs have many features that can easily accommodate military spouses. In addition, ABC has a wide network of pet professionals with training facilities located across North America. Given our comprehensive curriculum, hands-on training component, flexibility and affordability of our program, you can become certified in your desired field in a relatively short period of time.
By enrolling in our online college, you can:
- Complete your courses online at your own pace
- Get real-world experience from a local animal facility
- Learn from experts in the pet industry
- Receive guidance and support from your Program Manager
MyCAA provides financial assistance to qualified military spouses of active-duty members. It’s designed by the Department of Defense to support military spouses in their job search. The scholarship program covers education and training courses as well as examinations. It can be used toward obtaining a license, certificate, certification or associate degree.
Who is qualified for MyCAA?
Spouses of active-duty members of the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine. This military education benefit is also available to spouses of activated reserve members in pay grades E1 – E5, W1 – W2 and O1 – O2. For reference, E=Enlisted, W=Warrant Office (a specialty officer) and O=Officer.
If the military sponsor is in the National Guard and/or an AGR member, the military sponsor must be on Federal Title 10 Active Duty orders as reported in DEERS. Spouses of Guard or Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
How much does MyCAA provide?
You can receive up to $4,000 in financial assistance. Given the affordability of ABC’s animal care programs, your entire tuition may be completely covered. For more on tuition cost, please call (800) 795-3294.
What does my tuition cover?
Your tuition covers all study materials, including textbooks and student uniform, as well as the real-world experience portion of the program.
- Dog Trainer Program: $3,730.33 ($3,655.33 + $75.00*)
- Veterinary Assistant Program: $3600.85 ($3,525.85 + $75.00*)
- Dog Groomer Program: $3,775.60 ($3,600.60 + $75.00*)
*$75.00 fee is a non-refundable registration and application fee paid by student.
How can I apply?
You first create an Education and Training Plan and submit it to MyCAA website for approval. Once approved, you fill out the form. You’ll need to know the exact name of school, location, type of program and estimated graduation date for this portion. We are more than happy to guide you through the application program. Call us at (800) 795-3294 to get started.